- 6 – 8 week Internship opportunity with flexible work hours
- $26.79 per hour plus superannuation
- Utilise your knowledge and get real work experience to add to your studies
- Canberra location
Evoenergy are seeking an undergraduate in Geography, Environmental Science, Survey or GIS to work on an exciting new project in our Vegetation and Inspection team.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Geography, Environmental Science, Survey or GIS undergraduate to join Evoenergy’s Vegetation and Inspection team.
The successful candidate will required to undertake a study to investigate and report on viable technology and solutions to improve vegetation inspection on Evoenergy’s overhead electrical network.
Key aspect of this study:
- Understanding the evolution of Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology and how this may be utilised more effectively.
- Explore the most suitable leading industry practices to discover patterns and trends in historical LiDAR.
We are looking for a collaborative and proactive student who is passionate about geographic information systems and delivering solutions.
An understanding of Arc GIS, LiDAR, program and data management would be advantageous but not essential to keen students looking to expand knowledge in a quickly developing industry
We will provide you with on the job coaching and teach you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills and work on this exciting new project.
We want you to be:
· An undergraduate in your last two years of study in Geography, Environmental Science, Survey or GIS or relevant comparable experience.
· Demonstrate capability in the interpretation of LiDAR data
· An understanding of coordinate systems and map projections
- Determined to provide solutions and open to learning new things
- Committed to safety
- Passionate about energy
How do I apply?
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the below in your cover letter.
- In 400 words or less, what you believe you can bring to this project
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Peter Froome on 0404 472 053. Applications will not be accepted via email, however if you are experiencing any difficulty please contact email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 6th September 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds