The following submission guidelines will apply to students beginning Honours in 2020.
- Each student must upload one electronic copy of their thesis in Portable Document Format (PDF) to the Science Honours Thesis Submission site in Wattle by the due thesis submission date. Some Honours programs may also require the submission of one or more printed copies of your thesis at this time so exact requirements must be confirmed with your Honours Convenor.
- All theses are to be submitted by 5pm on:
January Commencement: Thursday 29 October 2020
July Commencement: Thursday 27 May 2021
- If you miss the Thursday deadline your next opportunity to submit is:
January Commencement: Friday 30 October 2020
July Commencement: Friday 28 May 2021
Any theses submitted by 5 pm on this day will be penalised 5% of the maximum mark for the thesis and a further 5% per working day late thereafter. A submission on Monday will be penalised 10%, Tuesday 15%, etc.
- Extensions will only be granted in exceptional circumstances where students can document unforeseeable circumstances that have impacted on their ability to submit on time and on the proviso that all the milestones noted below have been met.
- No applications for extensions for unforeseeable circumstances occurring prior to the due date will be accepted on or after the due date.
Students are required to complete a number of milestones during the Honours year and submit the Milestone Completion Form (available from your Honours Convener) prior to submission of the thesis. It is each student’s responsibility to ensure that the completed form is submitted to the respective Honours convenor by 5pm on:
January Commencement: Monday 19 October 2020
July Commencement: Monday 17 May 2021
No application for an extension will be considered unless the completed form is submitted.
Milestones to be completed:
- Proposal seminar and/or research plan.
- Mid-course seminar and/or progress report.
- A month before submission both the student and supervisor to sign off on the scope of all major data collection/field work/experiments/calculations/background reading that are required for submission.
- Two weeks before submission both the student and supervisor to sign off that a first draft of the thesis has been submitted to the supervisor and has been returned by the supervisor with comments.