College of Health and Medicine student ambassador
Become a CHM Student Ambassador
Welcome to the ANU College of Health and Medicine (CHM). Our College provides an exclusive employment opportunity for current ANU students to become actively involved in CHM and to share your experience at ANU as a student with prospective students and our learning community as a Student Ambassador.
In addition to gaining valuable professional experience and training, these roles are paid casual positions within the College of Health and Medicine. It’s also a chance to develop new transferable skills that will enhance your employability.
If you are enthusiastic, love meeting new people and are keen to share your positive university experience with potential students and the community, we’d love to hear from you.
As a CHM Student Ambassador, you will:
- Represent the College of Health and Medicine at college events and college events
- Conduct CHM facility tours for future students and external stakeholders.
- Take photographs and videos of special CHM events.
- Share your knowledge and experience of studying Health and Medicine. disciplines at ANU with prospective students at events such as Open Day and O-Week.
- Deliver presentations to student audiences about ‘life at ANU’ and your student experience.
- Assist in planning and executing CHM marketing activities.
- Assist in sourcing relevant marketing content as required. (ex: images, stories, blog posts, short-form videos)
- Assist in other administrative tasks as required.
CHM Student Ambassadors must:
- Be enrolled in an ANU Health and Medicine undergraduate or postgraduate program.
- Be a representative of the College of Health and Medicine at ANU and be passionate about enhancing the student experience and ANU CHM.
- Be willing to be profiled, photographed, and videoed for ANU CHM Marketing activities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- A satisfactory understanding of equal opportunity principles, diversity and inclusion, and occupational health and safety and a commitment to their application in a university context.
Why you should become a CHM Student Ambassador?
- You will gain valuable work experience in public speaking, interpersonal skills, leadership, project management, teamwork and organizational ability.
- Ability to build your professional profile.
- Remuneration as an ongoing casual ANU Officer Level 2/3.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form. Ensure you upload a one-page Expression of Interest statement addressing the following:
- Why you want to become a CHM Student Ambassador
- Why are you the ideal candidate for the position
- Degree/Program you are studying at ANU & Study year
Applications for the CHM Student Ambassador 2024 are now open
For any questions regarding the Student Ambassador program, please contact:
ANU College of Health & Medicine